BPSC MAIN EXAMINATION
37th C. C. EXAM. 1990
Labour and Social Welfare
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 200
Answer Any Five Questions
1. ‘Despite the progress of labour movement, trade unions in India still suffer from a number of defects which retard their progress.’ Explain fully progress of labour movement and the defects of trade unions in India.
2. Explain the main provisions of the Industrial Dispute Act 1947. Do you consider these measures adequate? Give reasons.
3. What are main objectives ILO? Explain its organization. Distinguish between ‘Conventions’ and ‘Recommendations’.
4. Explain fully the term ‘Industrial Disputes’. What are the main causes of industrial disputes in India? What methods be adopted t improve relations between labour and management?
5. What is ‘Collective Bargaining’? What are the conditions for the success of ‘Collective Bargaining’? What is its position in India?
6. Explain the objects and methods of ‘worker’s participation in management’. Account for its limited success in India.
7. Explain the meaning and importance of ‘Social Security’. What are the main benefits under th Employees State Insurance Act 1948? Explain them briefly.
8. Explain the extent, types and causes of unemployment in India. Suggest remedies for this problem.
9. Write a critical not on ‘different aspects of industrial relations’ or on the ‘right to strike’.
10. Write short notes on any TWO of the following:
(a) Nature of Crimes
(b) Problem of beggary
(d) Old Age Pension