BPSC MAIN EXAMINATION
38th C. C. EXAM. 1991
Labour and Social Welfare
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 200
Answer Any Five Questions
1. Examine the history of labour legislation in India.
2. Discuss the main provisions of the Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
3. Explain the benefits of the insured worker under Employees State Insurance Act, 1948.
4. Define the concept of industrial relations and examine the major dimensions of industrial relations in India.
5. What is strike? Describe the types of strikes in detail.
6. Explain the scheme of ‘workers participation in management’. Why the scheme has got limited success in India?
7. Discuss the history of trade union movement in India and explain its relation with political parties.
8. Evaluate the programmes meant to raise socio-economic status of Scheduled Castes and Schedules Tribes in India.
9. What are the problems of women in India? Discuss the programmes undertaken to improve the conditions of women in India.
10. Write short notes on any TWO:
(a) Functions of International Labour Organization
(b) Trade Union Leadership in India
(c) Child Wefare