BPSC MAIN EXAMINATION
53 – 55th C. C. EXAM. 2011
Labour and Social Welfare, Paper – 1
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 200
Answer Any Five Questions
1. Write a detailed note on the history of labour legislation in India.
2. Make a list of the social security legislations in India. Explain briefly the main provisions of the Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
3. Explain the safety provisions as given in Chapter 4 of the Factories Act, 1948.
4. Explain the following as per the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923:
(b) Accident arising out of employment
(c) Accident arising in course of employment
5. Explain the following in detail:
(a) Constitution of ESI Corporation
(b) Benefits under the ESI Act, 1948
6. Write the main provisions of the Maternity Benefits Act, 1961.
7. Write the important provision of the Beedi and Cigar Workmen (Conditions of Employment) Act, 1966.
8. Write about the organization and objectives of International Labour Organization (ILO).
9. Write a detailed note on Labour Administration in Bihar.
10. Write short notes on the following:
(a) Difference between factory and industry.
(b) Definition of manufacturing process as per the Factories Act, 1948.
(c) The formula for calculating the amount of compensation in case of death under the Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923.