DPPGE: 9 March
1. Read the following sentences carefully
I. The range is spread over two states which lies on tropic of cancer.
II. Sanjay Gandhi wildlife sanctuary is situated near the range
Identify the highest peak of the range:
2. Three cities in which one from Punjab and others from Himachal Pradesh are in between two rivers which are tributaries of Indus River.
(a) Ravi & Beas.
(b) Beas & Satluj
(c) Ravi & Satluj
(d) Satluj & Ghaghara
3. Which of the following do not belong to eastern coast of India?
(a) Point Calimere
(b) False Divi Point
(c) Palmyra Point
(d) Karwar Way
4. Among the following Asian countries, whose share in the world exports is the highest?
(a) India (b) Malaysia
(c) Singapore (d) Thailand
5. Match List-I(Islands) with List II(Territories) and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists:`
A. Azores 1 . U.K.
B. Bermuda 2. France
C. Canary 3. Portugal
D. Reunion 4. Spain
6. Consider the following statements:
1. Australia has the world,s largest artesian basin.
2. Australia produces nearly one-third of the wool production of the world.
3. Broken Hill has good reserves of Diamond deposits.
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
7. Consider the following places:
1. San Francisco 2. Adelaide
3. Cape Town 4. Sydney
Which of the above have Mediterranean climate?
(a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 and 4
(c) 1, 3 and 4 (d) 1, 2 and 3
8. Which one of the following statements is not correct?
(a) Vindhyan system mostly consists of sandstones, limestones and shale.
(b) Gneisses and schist of archaeans are the oldest rocks in India.
(c) Rocks of gondwana system are of fluvial or lacustrine origin.
(d) Deccan trap formations were due to volcanic eruption during Oligocene
9. Which one of the following is the speech area of Austric Linguistic Family?
(a) Assam, Nagaland and Manipur
(b) Bihar, Orissa and West Bengal
(c) Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala
(d) Punjab, Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan
10. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
Hydo Power Plant State
(a) Kundah : Karnataka
(b) Rihand : Uttar Pradesh
(c) Sileru : Andhra Pradesh
(d) Rangeet : Sikkim