71) Which one of the following is not a feature of a zonal council?
(a) It is a constitutional body
(b) Five Zonal Councils have set up under the States Reorganization Act, 1956
(c) Chandigarh although not a state is included in Zonal Council
(d) It is an Advisory body
Ans: (a) It is a constitutional body
72) Consider the following statements and choose the correct answer by using the codes given below :
Assertion [A] : India is a democratic country.
Reason [R] : India has a constitution of its own
(a) Both [A] and [R] are true and [R] is the correct explanation of [A]
(b) Both [A] and [R] are true but [R] is not the correct explanation of [A]
(c) [A] is true but [R] is false
(d) Both [A] and [R] are false
Ans: (b) Both [A] and [R] are true but [R] is not the correct explanation of [A]
73) Which one of the following is not a collective privilege of the members of Parliament?
(a) Freedom of debates and proceedings
(b) The Right to regulate the internal matters of the Parliament
(c) Freedom from attendance as Witness
(d) The privilege of excluding strangers from the house
Ans: (c) Freedom from attendance as Witness
74) Consider the following statements and select your answer from the codes given below :
1. The Governor does not have the power to appoint the judge of a State High court.
2. He is not a part of the Legislature.
3. He has the power to nominate some members in the Legislative Council.
4. He has no judicial powers.
(a) 1 and 2 are correct
(b) 1 and 3 are correct
(c) 2 an 4 are correct
(d) All are correct
Ans: (b) 1 and 3 are correct
75) The name ‘Aghanya’ mentioned in many passages of the Rig Veda refers to :
Ans: (c) Cows
76) In which of the following rock-cut caves eleven headed Bodhisattva image is depicted?
Ans: (c) Kanheri
77) Consider the following statements :
1. The early chaityagrihas and viharas of Guntuphalli in West Godavari district are rock cut.
2. The chaityas and viharas of Eastern deccan are usually rock cut.
Of these statements :
(a) Only 1 is correct
(b) Only 2 is correct
(c) Both 1 and 2 are correct
(d) Neither 1 nor 2 is correct
Ans: (c) Both 1 and 2 are correct
78) A resolution passed by the Rajya Sabha under Article 249 of the constitution empowering Parliament to legislate on a state subject in national interest remains in force for a period.
(a) Not exceeding six months
(b) Not exceeding two years
(c) Not exceeding one year
(d) of unlimited time
Ans: (c) Not exceeding one year
79) Which among the following system of levying land revenue in Deccan was prevalent during the reign of Akbar?
(b) Number of ploughs
Ans: (c) Zabt
80) Who among the following foreign travellers visited India during the reign of Jahangir?
(a) Father Anthony Monserate
(b) Francisco Pelsaert
(c) Niccolo Manucci
(d) Francois Bernier
Ans: (b) Francisco Pelsaert