Sociology Optional Previous Years Papers – 2004
1. Write short notes on any THREE of the following (Each note should not exceed 200 words):
(a) Objectivity and Value Neutrality in Social Research.
(b) Bureaucracy in New Capitalist Economy
(c) Gender Roles in Changing Structure of family
(d) Class within Caste and Caste within Class.
2. Give a critical Review of Emile Durkheim‟s Theory on Religion and Society. To what extent does it explain the contemporary scenario in Asia?
3. Socialisation and social control are complementary to each other in maintaining social order.‟ Elucidate your answer with appropriate illustrations.
4. Briefly discuss the Conflict Perspective on social stratification and examine the view that social inequality in India is the function of rigid social stratification system.
5. Write short notes on any THREE of the following (Each note should not exceed 200 words):
(a) Authority and Legitimacy
(b) Privatization of Education & Equality of Opportunity
(c) Science and Social Responsibility
(d) Ideology and Strategy of Social Movement
6. Examine in detail the impact of new global economy on work organisation and family structure in India.
7. Examine the functional as well as dysfunctional aspects of religion in a pluralistic society taking India and the United States of America as illustrative models.
8. Bring out a comparative analysis of Marxian and Parsonian views of social change and examine the relevance of each view of social development in the contemporary India.
1. Write notes on any THREE of the following in not more than 200 words each:
(a) Caste mobilisation in North India.
(b) Impact of Muslims on Indian Society.
(c) Feudalism and Semi Feudalism
(d) Social Consequences of Globalisation.
2. Discuss the influence of socio-cultural factors on age of marriage in India.
3. Critically evaluate education as a tool for social justice.
4. “The 73rd and the 74th constitutional amendments have motivated social mobilisation in rural India.” Discuss.
5. Write notes on any THREE of the following in not more than 200 words each:
(a) Role of religion in civil society.
(b) Migration and tribal communities.
(c) Socio-cultural factors related to foeticide.
(d) Strategies of rural development
6. Discuss in detail impact of mass media and education on Indian society.
7. Discuss in detail atrocities on women and suggest annihilative measures for them.
8. Analyse socio-cultural consequences of corruption and suggest remedial measures for curbing it.
Posted from WordPress for Android