GS Mains IAS Previous Years Question Paper 2 – 1992
1. (a) What are the general features of the amending producers of the Constitution of India? (About 250 words) 40
(b) What are Zonal Councils? Discuss their constitution, role and importance in achieving inter-state comity. (About 250 words)
2. (a) What role were the public Sector Undertaking expected to play in our planning process? Briefly state the current policy of the Government of India with respect to Public Sector Undertakings. (About 250 words) 40
(b) Are there good reasons behind the suggestion that in the new programme of economic liberalization, India should go slow in the matter of ‘exit policy’? (About 250 words)
3. (a) Discuss the potential of solar energy utilization in India (About 250 words) 40
(b) What is biodervisity? why should it be preserved? (About 250 words)
4. Answer any two of the following (Answer to each question should be in about 150 words) 20+20
(a) Besides the Directive contained in Part IV, there are certain other Directives addressed to the state in other parts of the Constitution. What are they?
(b) Explain the scope of the Advisory jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of India.
(c) Explain the status, composition and functions of the Minorities Commission.
(d) Indicate the structure and functions of the committee on Public Undertakings.
5. Answer any two of the following (Answer to each question should be in about 150 words) 20+20
(a) What is Partial Convertibility of rupee? What are its basic objectives? How is it going benefit the Indian economy?
(b) Discuss the main features of India’s Eight Five-Year Plan with special reference to the agricultural sector.
(c) What are the main sources of short-term and long-term finance for Indian industries?
(d) Explain the term ‘Integrated Rural Development ; Bringing out its strategic importance.
6. Answer any two of the following (Answer to each question should be in about 150 words) 15+15
(a) What do you understand by command Area Development?
(b) Mention some of the new programmes that have been undertaken in recent years in respect of nuclear research in India.
(c) What do you understand by Environmental Pollution? Mention the various kinds of pollution and their effect on human health in India.
(d) Briefly explain the use of various chemical fertilizers in India agriculture.
7. Answer any two of the following (Answer to each question should be in about 150 words) 20+20
(a) Discuss briefly the importance of the cryogenic engine for India’s space programme.
(b) What is a fast breeder reactor? Discuss briefly its role in India’s nuclear energy programme.
(c) What are biofertilizers? What advantages do they have over chemical fertilizers?
(d) What are the salient features of India’s missile development programme.
8. Answer four question from Group A, three question from Group Band three Group C (Answer to each question should be in about 25 words) 30
(a) Distinguish between Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and Gross National Product (GNP)
(b) What are ‘Footloose Industries’?
(c) What is fiscal drag? What is its effect?
(d) What is Gini coefficient?
(e) Give the full names of:
(i) FAO (ii) FOB (iii) GATT
(f) Describe the main objective of DPAP.
(a) State the difference between the council of Ministers and the Cabinet.
(b) The writ of Mandamus will not be granted against certain persons. Who are they?
(c) Distinguish between the All India Services and Central Services.
(d) Distinguish between Annual Financial Statements and Annual Finance Bill.
(e) What is lame-duck-session of legislature?
(f) Who is a Pro tem Speaker? What are this responsibilities?
(a) What is a heavy water? What is it used for?
(b) What is a leap second?
(c) What do the following stand for?
(d) What is ‘Maitri’?
(e) What is the advantage of putting a satelite in the geosynchronous orbit?
(f) What is MRI? What is it used for?