DPPGE: 10 March
1. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
Types of waterfall Names of waterfalls
(a) Caprock fall : Gersoppa falls
(b) Scarp fall : Dasam falls
(c) Knickpoint fall : Dhunwadhar falls
(d) Hanging valley fall : Johna falls
2. Consider the following statements:
1. Florida current passes through the Yucatan channel before entering Gulf of Mexico.
2. Florida current possesses the characteristics of the equatorial water mass.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only (b) 2 only
(c) both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
3. Pelagic deposits consist of:
(a) Terrigenous materials (b) Cosmic materials
(c) Inorganic materials (d) Organic ooze materials
4. Moving towards south from the north, which of the following is the correct sequence of regions one came across
(a) Bist doab, bari doab, malwa plains, bhiwani sagar
(b) bari doab, bhiwani sagar, malwa plains, Bist doab
(c) bari doab, bist doab, malwa plains , bhiwani bagar
(d) bhiwani bagar, malwa plains, bist doab, bari doab
5. Collision-coalescence process of precipitation is applicable to:
(b) Clouds that extend beyond freezing level
(c) Clouds that do not extend beyond freezing level
(d) All types of clouds
6. Israel has common border with
a. Lebanon, Syria, Jordon and Egypt
b. Lebanon, Syria, Turkey and Jordan
c. Cyprus, Turkey, Jordon and Egypt
d. Turkey, Syria, Iraq and Yemen
7. In India, which type of forest among the following occupies the largest area?
a) Montane Wet Temperate Forest
b) Sub-tropical Dry Evergreen Forest
c) Tropical Moist Deciduous Forest
d) Tropical Wet Evergreen Forest
8. The tropical cyclones do not occur close to the equator because of
(a) Weak-Coriolis force
(b) Light and variable winds
(c) Excessive humidity
(d) Convective activity
9. Among the following environmental pollutants, which one leads to the occurrence of acid rain?
(a) Carbon dioxide (b) Hydrogen peroxide
(c) Carbon monoxide (d) Sulphur dioxide
10. Temperate Cyclones are characterised by which of the following?
(a) Fronts (b) Diverging winds
(c) Dry winds (d) Hot winds