General Studies -III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
- Investment models.
Agriculture Related Issues:
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country
- Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage
- Transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints;
- e-technology in the aid of farmers
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices;
- Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping;
- Issues of buffer stocks and food security;
- Technology missions
- Economics of animal-rearing
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India- 1
- Land reforms in India- 2
Science and Technology:
- Developments and their applications and effects in everyday life
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology (Part 1)
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology (Part 2)
- Indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT,
- Awareness in the fields of Space,
- Awareness in the fields of Computers,
- Awareness in the fields of Robotics
- Awareness in the fields of Nano-technology,
- Awareness in the fields of Bio-technology
- Issues relating to intellectual property rights
Environment Related Issues
- Environmental pollution and degradation,
- Environmental impact assessment.
Disaster and disaster management
Security Related Issues:
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks,
- Role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges
- Basics of cyber security
- Money-laundering and its prevention.
- Security challenges and their management in border areas;
- linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate