Sociology Optional Previous Years Papers – 1999
1. Write short notes on any three of the following (each answer should not exceed 200 words):
(a) Sociology as a by-product of Industrial Revolution
(b) Role conflict as a source of deviation
(c) Limitations of questionnaire as a technique of data collection.
(d) Gemeinschaft and Gesselschaft types of communities.
2. How would you distinguish between the stratified and the unstratified social positions? What explanation would you profer for the universal existence of the social stratification in human society?
3. Elaborate on the social necessity of religion. Discuss the relationship between religion and science.
4. Social control is more a matter of conviction than that of coercion. Comment. Discuss the role of ideology in social control.
5. Write short notes on any three of the following (each answer should not exceed 200 words):
(a) Division of labour and differentiation of social structure
(b) Impact of the democratic political system on the traditional social structure
(c) Social structure and Anomie
(d) Functional problems of the social system
6. Discuss the nature and characteristics of social mobility. Can the nature and the rate of social mobility be treated as an index of economic development? Comment.
7. Bring out the commonality between a social movement and a revolution. Would you agree with the view that each revolution is preceded by a social movement? Give reasons.
8. Elaborate on the concept of structural change. Discuss the endogenic factors of structural change in a society, with suitable examples.
1. Write notes on any three of the following (in not more than 200 words each:
(a) Social Justice
(b) National Unity
(c) Total Literacy Campaign (TLC)
(d) Peasant Society
2. Discuss 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendments with reference to decentralization of power.
3. What is meant by privatization and how could it effect economic reforms in India?
4. What do you mean by „Green Revolution‟ and what are its socio-economic consequences? Discuss.
5. Write notes on any three of the following in not more than 200 words each:
(c) Naxalbari Movement
(d) Dowry as a social problem
6. Define religious minority. Discuss the problems of religious minorities in India.
7. Slums are scars on the social fabric. How can these scars be removed?
8. How is modernization an agent of change? Discuss its positive and negative aspects.
Posted from WordPress for Android