GS Mains History 1997
1. How did Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel succeed in avoiding the evil consequences of the doctrine of lapse of paramountcy and in integrating Indian States?
Examine the causes and nature of extremism in Indian politics in the early part of the present century (About 250 words).
2. Answer any two of the following:
a. What were the salient features of Gandhi-Irwin Pact?
b. Discuss Mahatama Gandhi’s concept of ‘Basic Education’ How far was it a departure from conventional system of education?
c. What were the circumstances that led to the partition of India in 1947 (About 250 words on each)?
3. Answer any three of the following: (About 75 words on each)
a. What do you understand about Drain of wealth during British rule? Examine its effects on Indian economy.
b. The name of Raja Ram Mohan Roy stands foremost in the field of religious and social reforms. Elucidate.
c. The Preamble to the Constitution is aimed to embody the fundamental values and the philosophy on which the Constitution is based Elucidate.
d. What are the provisions regarding the protection of Linguistic minorities in the Constitution? Answer the following questions
4. Write about the chief features of the following:
5. What do you know about the following?
Lalit Kala Academy
Poona Sarvajanik Sabha
August Declaration, 1917
6. Where are the following located and with which event are they associated?
7. Where are the following become famous (About 20 words on each)?
Dr. Nivedita Bhasin