Neolithic Sites (For History Optional)
North-West India subcontinent
- Mehrgarh in the Kachhi plain,
- Kili Gul Muhammad in the Quetta Valley,
- Rana Ghundai in the Loralai valley
- Anjira in the Surab valley.
- Rehman Dheri,
- Tarakai Qila
- Sarai Khola
- Burzahom, northeast of Srinagar;
- Gufkral, southeast of Srinagar
- Kanishkapura or modern Kanispur, in the Baramulla district.
- Koldihawa and Mahagara in Allahabad district,
- Kunjun in the Sidhi district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Sohagaura, on the banks of River Rapti;
- Chirand, on the banks of River Ghaghra
- Kuchai in Orissa
- Golbai Sasan in Orissa
- Pandu Rajar Dhibi in West Bengal
- Mahisdal in West Bengal
- Barudih in Jharkhand.
North East India
- Daojali Hading in Assam,
- Sarutaru in Assam,
- Napchik in Manipur
- Explanation is given in History Through Map Section in alphabetical order