UGC NET – History Paper 2 Previous Years Paper (December 2004)
1. Which of the following is Not a neolithic site ?
(A) Taxila (B) Kill Ghul muhammad
(C) Mundigak (D) Mehrgarh
2. The veda which contains references to music is:
3. The first reaction against the vedic sacrifices is available in:
(A) Buddhism (B) jainism
(C) Ajivikas (D) Upanishads
4. How many kinds of slaves have been mentioned by Narada ?
(A) 15 (B) 12 (C) 10 (D) 7
5. The script which has Not been used in the J\.fauryan inscriptions is :
(A) Prakrit (B) Devanagari
(C) Araimic (D) Greek
6. The first law-giver who supported the system of division of property was :
(A) Vislmu (B) Brihaspati (C) Manu (D) Yagnavalkya
7. Match list I with list II and choose your answer from the code below_
List – I List – II
(a) Senani (i) Maruths
(b) Purohit (ii) Agni
(c) Gramani (iii) lndra
(d) Yajamana (iv) Brihaspati
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
(B) (i) (iii) (iv) (ii)
(C) (iii) (>) (ii) (iv)
(D) (iv) (li) (i) (iii)
8. Where is the concept of “tinani” applied?
9. The later part of kadambari was written by:
10. The chola ldng who was devoted to shaivism but patronised Buddhism also was :
(A) Rajendra I (B) Rajendra II
(C) Rajaraja (D) Rajadhiraja
11. The model of “segmentary state” for the chola state was presented by:
(A) Southhall (B) D. H. Kulke
(C) A. S. Subrahmanyam (D) B. Stein
12. To Whlch dynasty the coins ‘Pana’ and ‘masaka’ belong ?
(A) The Mauryas
(C) The Guptas
(B) The Kushanas
(D) The Vakatakas
13. The foreign traveller who exchanged letters with his Indians counterparts after retum to his country :
14. Given below are the two statements, one lebelled as Assertion (A) and other lebelled as Reason (R):
Assertion (A): The Aihole inscription of Pulakesin II mentions Harsha as a very popular ruler.
Reason (R): However, it happens to be an account of his defeat.
In the context of the above two statements, which OTif< of the following is correct?
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of
(B) (A) is false, but (R) is correct
(C) (A) is correct, but (R) is false
(D) Both (A) and (R) are false
15. Match list I and list II and choose your answer from the code given below :
List – I List – II
(a) Dandin (i) Gaudvaho
(b) Vakapati (ii) Buddhacharita
(c) Ashvaghosha (iii) Ka:rpura manjari
(d) Rajashekhara (iv) Dashakumaracharita
Code: (a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
(B) (ii) (iii) (iv) (i)
(C) (i) (iii) (iv) (ii)
(D) (iii) (ii) (iv) (i)
16. Indigo plantation during the medieval period was chiefly associated with:
(A) Malwa (B) Sind (C) Gujarat (D) Punjab
17. Abdus Samad Khan was patronized by Akbar as:
(A) a Musician (B) an Author (C) a Painter (D) an Architect
18. The office of Peshwa became independent during the rule of :
19. 'Razmnama' was the title given to the persian translation of a sanskrit work, at the court of Akbar, named :
20. The'Adi Granth' was compiled by :
(A) Guru Nanak
(B) Guru Angad
(C) Guru Amar Das
(D) Guru Arjun Dev
21. Which of the following systems of land revenue was introduced by Sultan Allaudin Khalki ?
(A) Kanlmt (B) Masahat (Q Ray (D) Zabt
22. Whlch of the following festivals was introduced by the mughals on Persian model ?
23. Whlch of the following writings of Amir Khusrau describes the conquests of Deccan?
(A) Nuh Siphir (B) Qiran us Sadain
(C) Tughlaq Nama (D) Khajain ul-futuh
24. Whlch of the following was the stste language of the vijaynagar rulers ?
25. Whlch of the following Europeans served in the artillery with Dara Shikoh ?
(D) Sir Thomas Roe
26. "Tarkat" means:
(A) A tax paid by Hindus
(B) A tax levied on Muslims
(C) Property left by a Muslim without heir
(D) Spoils of war
27. The author of famous book "Kreedabhiramam" was:
(A) Kalidasa (B) Sreenadha
(C) Allasani Peddana (D) Tenali Ramakrishna
28. What is the correct sequence of the following ?
(i) Birth of Akbar (ii) Arrival of Vasco-da-gama in India
(iii) Execution of Guru Teg Bahadur (iv) Battle of Khanwa Code:
(A) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv) ~) (iv) (rii) (ii) (i)
(C) (li) (iv) (i) (iii)
(D) (iii) (li) (iv) (i)
29. Match list I with list II and select correct answer from the code given below the list:
L ist- I l..ist-11
(a) Peshwa (i) Indore
(b) Bhonsle (ii) Baroda
(c) Holkar (iii) Poona
(d) Gaekwar (iv) Nagpur
Code: (a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(B) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)
(C) (iii) (lv) (i) (ii)
(D) (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
30. Given below are two statements, OTif< labelled as Assertion (A) and the other labelled as Reason (R)
Assertion (A) : The 'Zabti' system of land revenue was introduced by Akbar.
Reason (R) : Akbar wanted to collect the average of both the crops and the crops rates of last ten years.
In the context of the above two statements, which OTif< of the following is correct ?
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true and but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(C) is true, but (R) is false
(D) is false but (R) is true
31. Taluqdari settlement was made in :
(A) Bihar (B) Orissa (C) Oudh (D) Madras
32. Who was NOT a founder member of muslim league in 1906 :
(A) Agha Khan (B) Nawab Mohsin ul Mulk
(C) M. A jinnah (D) Nawab Salimullah
33. jacobin club at sirangpsttanam was established in 1797 by:
(A) Napoleon (B) Hyder Ali (C) Col. Bussey (D) Tipu Sultan
34. Hind l\1a.zdoor sangh was founded by:
(A) N. M. Joshi (B) V.B. Patel
(C) G.L. Nanda (D) Dadabhai Naorozi
35. First textile mill in India was established in Ahmedabad in:
(A) 1865 (B) 1870 (C) 1879 (D) 1881
36. Baba Ramchandra Das was a leader of :
(A) Taluqdars (B) Uberals (C) Peasants (D) congress
37. The credit of the victory of Port Novo goes to the British General :
(A) Munro (B) Eyrecoot (C) Col. Fraser (D) Col. Bailey
38. Raja Ram Mohan Roy was the editor of :
(A) Samachar Darpan (B) Nav Shakti
(C) Yugantar (D) Vandematram
39. Servants of India Society was founded by :
(A) G.K. Gokhale (B) M.G. Ranade
(C) B.G.Tilak (D) V.D. Savarkar
40. He opposed the partition of Bengal but later on became a Sanyasi, who was he ?
(A) Barindra Ghosh (B) Bhupen Dutt
(C) Aurobindo Ghosh (D) Vivekanand
41. Satya Shodhak Samaj was founded by:
(A) Shahuji Maharaj (B) B.R.Ambedkar
(C) jyotiba Phule (D) jagjivan Ram
42. Pakistan resolution was passed at :
(A) Lahore (B) Calcutta (C) Lucknow (D) Karachi
43. Arrange the following events in chronological order
(1) First Sikh war (2) First Afghan war
(3) First Burmese war (4) Third Maratha war
(A) 4, 3, 2, 1
(B) 2, 1, 3, 4
(C) 4, 1, 2, 3
(D) 3, 1, 2, 4
44. Given below are two statements, one labelled as Assertion (A) and other labelled as Reason (R).
Assertion (A) : Gandhiji supported the Khilafat movement
Reason (R) : He was against the British.
In the context of the above two statements, which one of the following is correct?
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true, and (R) is the correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) (A) is false, but (R) is true.
45. Match the following :
List1 List II
(a) K C Sen (1) Poona Sarvajaruk sabha
(b) Lala Hans:raj (2) Adi Brahma Samaj
(c) G_ K Gokhale (3) Arya Samaj
(d) M_G_ R=de (4) Bharat Sevak Samaj
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) 3, 4, 2, 1
(B) 1, 2, 3, 4
(C) 2, 3, 4, 1
(D) 4, 1, 3, 2
46. Law code is related to :
47. Bandung Coniereru:e relates to :
48. 'History is past politics', who has held this view ?
49. Whltemen's burden was a theory of:
50· Confucianism developed in: