For previous DPPH, Click Here
1. Which of the following inscription tells us about the local village administration of the Cholas?
(a) Halmidi inscrption
(b) Mandasor inscrption
(c) Uttaramerur inscription
(d) Tosham inscription
2. Local assembly of Brahmanas during the Cholas was called:
3. Consider the following statement regarding ‘Indian Feudalism’-
i. Feudalism led to increase in trade and urbanisation.
ii. Feudalism had element of increasing dependence of peasantry on the landed intermediaries.
iii. Land grants had led to decline in feudalism.
iv. There were some similar features of Indian and European feudalism.
Which of the above statements are correct:
(a) i and iii
(b) ii and iii
(c) i, ii and iv
(d) ii and iv
4. Guild in early medieval India was known as:
Which of the following statement is correct?
(a) Only i and ii
(b) Only i, ii and iv
(c) Only iii
(d) All are correct
5. Consider the following statements:
i. Nanadesi was merchant operating domestically in medieval India.
ii. Manigraman was the merchant guild of South India in medieval times.
iii. Cowries were used as a medium of exchange in medieval India.
iv. Hundika was a bill of exchange used by merchants for commercial transactions.
Which of the above statements are correct?
(a) i, ii and iv
(b) ii, iii and iv
(c) ii and iv
(d) All are correct
6. Temples in medieval times acted as:
i. centres of education
ii. nuclear of urbanisation
iii. centres of agricultural development
iv. store houses of wealth
Which of the above statements are incorrect?
(a) iii and iv
(b) i, ii and iii
(c) ii and iii
7. Which of the following is incorrect during medieval India?
(a) In the field of leather industry, Gujarat occupied an enviable position.
(b) Udghataghati and Ghatiyantra was a device of irrigation.
(c) Brahmdeya was Brahmin’s assembly.
(d) Mahattaras and Pattakilas were village headmen.
8. Indian mathematician Bhaskara II wrote a treatise on mathematics in 12th century called:
9. Match the following:
List I List II
A. Vishti i. Silver Coinage
B. Harikela ii. Taxes
C. Agrahara iii. Forced Labour
D. Bhoga iv. Tax free Brahmin village
Correct match is:
A B C D
(a) iii i iv ii
(b) ii iv iii i
(c) iv iii ii iii
(d) i ii iii iv
10. Araghatta was:
(a) a cane crusher
(b) an irrigation tool
(c) a tool for manufacturing swords
(d) an elected committee
Mains Questions(for General Studies and History Optional)
1. Do you think that the Chola village assemblies were democratic in nature? Give explanations for your answer. (300 words)
2. Write a short notes on: “Applicability of the term ‘Indian Feudalism’ to early Medieval Society.” (200)