DPPH: 3 March
1.According to Buddhist tradition, who was transformed from a child devourer to a protectress of children?
(a) Marichi (b) Tara
(c) Hariti (d) Pattini
2. Whose court was adorned by Jayadeva, the author of Gita Govind?
(a) Mihir Bhoja (b) Amoghvarsha I
(c) Vijayasena (d) Lakshmanasena
3. Which one of the following did not form a part of the Chola army?
(a) Navy (b) War-elephants
(c) Chariots (d) Infantry
4. Which one of the following titles conferred during the Sultanate period was the highest in official hierarchy?
(a) Sipahsalar (b) Amir
(c) Malik (d) Khan
5. Qismat-i-Khoti in the Delhi Sultanate period was
(a) Cash payment made by the state to the village headman
(b) Village assigned to a khot
(c) Cess collected by the village headman from thepeasants
(d) Revenue assessed on the land cultivated by the khots
6. Consider the following statements about Zia-ud-din Barani:
1. He was born in Golkonda
2. He was a contemporary of Muhammad Tughluq.
3. He was the author of Tarikh-i-Firuz Shahi
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1, 2 and 3 (b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only (d) 1 and 3 only
7. Which of the following Sufi saints belonged to Suhrawardy Silsilah?
(a) Mir Sayyid Ali Hamadani (b) Shaikh Bahauddin Zakariya
(c) Shaikh Nizamuddin Auliya (d) Shaikh Nasiruddin Chiragh Dehlavi
8. Ziauddin Barani was the author of which of the following books dealing with political philosophy?
(a) Futuhat-i-Firozshahi (b) Fatawa-i-Jahandari
(c) Fawaid-ul-Fuad (d) Adab-ul-Harb wa Shujaat
9. Who among the following was deputed to the court of Vijayanagar as an ambassador?
(a) Marco Polo (b) Nicolo Conti
(c) Duarte Barbosa (d) Abdur Razzaq
10. Which city was founded by Krishna Deva Raya, the ruler of Vijayanagar?
(a) Chandragiri (b) Udaigiri
(c) Nagalapur (d) Warangal
Mains Questions (For History Optional and Mains)
Q. Why was Firuz Tughluq regarded as an ideal Muslim king of medieval times? (200 words)
Q. Examine the responsibility of Firuz Tughluq for the fall of his dynasty. (200 words)