DPPGE: 14 March
1. Biodiversity Hotspot are characterized on the basis of:
a. Endemic flowering plant and threat perception
b. Endemic flowering plant
c. Species of flowering plants
d. None of above
2. Granite of plutonic origin consists essentially of
(a) shale, conglomerate and sandstone
(b) quartz, schist and phyllite
(c) biotite, hornblende and augite
(d) quartz feldspar and mica
3. Match the following list 1 with list 2 and choose the correct answer from the codes given below
List 1 List 2
A. Sonai Rupai I. West Bengal
B. Jaldapara II. Arunachal Pradesh
C. Morleen III. Manipur
D. Kaibul Lamjo IV. Mizoram
A B C D
a. II I IV III
b. III I II IV
c. I II IV III
d. III IV I II
4. An area which has not been glaciated may show:
(a) Hanging valleys
(b) Corries and pyramidal peaks
(d) V-shaped valleys
5. Assertion (A):Cirrus clouds primarily contain ice particles.
Reason (R): Cirrus clouds occur at very high altitudes.
6. Assertion ( A): Cyclones over Bay of Bengal are characterised by clockwise circulation.
Reason (R): Their circulation is governed by pressure gradient and Coriolis force.
a. 50 %, 30 %, 10 % , and 10 % respectively
b. 60%, 20%, 14%, and 6% respectively
c. 40 %, 30%, 20% and 10% respectively
d. None of the above
8. Which of following statement is incorrect about the Biosphere?
a. Biosphere is combination of lithosphere, hydrosphere and Atmosphere
b. Biosphere is missing at extreme of north and south pole
c. Organisms are uniformly present in Biosphere
d. All of the above
9. Which of following can be used for controlling Gaseous Pollutant?
d. None of above
10. What does the high Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) indicates?
a. High level of Microbial Pollution
b. Low level of Microbial Pollution
c. Absence of Microbial Pollution
d. Water is fully pure