DPPGE: 2 March
1.Which one of the following pairs is associated with the shortest distance between mainlands of India and Sri Lanka ?
(a) Jaffna : VedaramliyaIn
(b) Talaimannar : Dhanushkodi
(c) Colombo : Kanyakumari
(d) Talaimannar : Tuticorin
2. Which system of rocks in India produces manganese?
3. Match List-l with List-II and select the correct answer using the code given below the Lists:
A Dzukou Valley 1. Himachal Pradesh
B Yumthang Valley 2. Sikkim
C Neora Valley 3. Nagaland
D Sangla Valley 4. West Bengal
A B C D
(a) 1 2 4 3
(b) 1 4 2 3
(c) 3 2 4 1
(d) 3 4 2 1
4. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Kinnarasani : Godavari .
(b) Alnaravati : Krishna
(c) Malaprabha : Krishna
(d) Pranhita . .: Godavari
5. Kurnool-Cuddapah canal is taken off from which one of the following rivers?
5. Which one of the following countries has Red River delta ?
6. The uranium mines being developed by UCIL at Lambapur and Domiasiat are located, respectively, in which of the following States?
(a) Jharkhand and Arunachal Pradesh
(b) West Bengal and Assam
(c) Andhra Pradesh and Meghalaya
(d) Maharashtra and Sikkim
7. Consider the following statements:
1. The Rourkela plant was commissioned in the year 1959.
2. The Rourkela plant as constructed with the collaboration of UK.
3. The Rourkela plant gets iron ore from Sundargarh
Which of the statements given above are correct?
(a) 1. and 2 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
8. Consider the following statements:
1. The acid lava usually melts at a relatively higher temperature as compared to basic (basaltic) lava.
2. The acid lava solidifies into glass-like sheets and the basaltic lava solidifies into rough surfaces.
Which of the statements given above is / are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
9. Under normal conditions, which one of the following is the correct sequential developments of features made by fluvial action?
(a) Waterfalls-Meander bars-River terraces-Oxbow lakes
(b) Meander bars-River terraces-Waterfalls-Oxbow lakes
(c) Waterfalls–River terraces – Meander bars-Oxbow lakes
(d) River terraces-Meander bars-Waterfalls-Oxbow lakes
10. Which one among the following pairs of States is the leading producer of tobacco in India?
(a) Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat
(b) Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh
(c) Maharashtra and Chllattfsgarh
(d) Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan