Sociology Optional Previous Years Papers – 1989
1. Write short notes on any three of the following: (Each answer should not exceed 200 words)
(a) Science and Social Behaviour
(b) Open and Closed Models of Mobility
(d) Pre industrial Economic System
2. Is the Durkheimian concept of religion entirely different from that of his predecessors? Why and how?
3. Had the French Revolution anything to do with the emergency os Sociology in Europe? Make a critical study.
4. How does Malinowski differ from Radcliffe Brown on the concept of functionalism?
5. Write short notes on any three of the following: (Each answer should not exceed 200 words)
(a) Measurement of Attitudes
(b) Formal and Informal Structures of Bureaucracy
(c) Power of the Elite
(d) Education and Modernisation
6. What does Weber mean by ideal types? How is the concept relevant in sociology?
7. How do changes in the age and sex roles in the family affect the social structure itself?
8. How far are social policy and directed social change effective in social development?
PAPER II- 1989
1. Write notes on any three of the following is not more than 200 words each:
(b) Social implications of inter caste marriage
(c) Orthogenetic and heterogenetic factos of social change in India
(d) Secularism as a scientific concept
2. The soil grow castes: the machines makes classes.‟ Comment.
3. Analyse the impact of the modern West on traditional social values in India.
4. Examine the social consequences of economic development with special reference to India.
5. Write notes on any three of the following is not more than 200 words each:
(a) Green Revolution and Social Tensions
(b) Electoral Reform in India
(c) Integration of Tribes
(d) Rationale behind protective Discrimination
6. Delmeate the contents of the New Education Policy. Has it made any dent in the educational system?
7. Analyse the socio economic factors that continue to depress the position of women in Indian society. What steps have been taken to remedy the situation in recent years?
8. Discuss the basic problems of the Scheduled castes. Bring out the impact of
conversion on their social status.
Posted from WordPress for Android