DPPH: 5 March
1.Consider the following freedom fighters
1. Amir Chand
2. Avadh Behari
4. Basanta Kumar Biswas
Who of the above received capital punishment on the accusation of throwing a bomb at Lord Hardings?
(a) 1 and 2 only (b) 2, 3 and 4 only
(c) 1, 3 and 4 only (d) 1, 2, 3 and 4
2. In the 1907 Session of the Congress at Surat, whose name was proposed by extremists’ group as the next President of the Congress ?
(a) Aurobindo Ghosh
(b) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(c) Lala Lajpat Kai
(d) Bipin Chandra Pal
3. Who among the following organised the Radical Democratic Party in the year 1940?
(a) Ajit Roy
(b) M. N. Roy
(c) Rash Behari Bose
(d) Subhash Chandra Bose
4. In which year was the Treaty between independent India and China acknowledging China’s rights over Tibet was signed ?
5. Who among the following started the newspaper called the “Voice of India”?
(a) Bhikaji Cama
(b) Dababhai Naoroji
(c) Lala Hardayal
(d) V. D. Savarkar
6. With whom was a settlement for revenue made under the Mahalwari system?
(a) The cultivators
(b) The Zamindars
(c) The Zamindars and cultivators jointly
(d) The village community as a whole
7. Who among the following was the second Portuguese Governor in India?
(a) Vasco de Gama
(b) Francisco de Almeida
(c) Alfonso de Albuquerque
(d) Francisco Xavier
8. Which one of the following is the correct chronological sequence?
(a) Battle of Chanderi-Battle of Ghagra-Battle of Chausa-Battle of Dourah
(b) Battle of Chanderi-Battle of Ghagra-Battle of Chausa-Battle of Dourah.
(c) Battle of Ghagra-Battle of Chanderi-Battle of Dourah-Battle of Chausa
(d) Battle of Ghagra-Battle of Chanderi-Battle of Chausa-Battle of Dourah
9. Before taking employment under Aurangzeb, Mir Jumla was in whose service?
(a) Abdullah Qutb Shah of Golconda
(b) Adil Shah of Bijapur
(c) Nizam-ul-rnulk of Ahmednagar
(d) Raja Jaswant Singh of Jodhpur
10. At which one of the following places was Akbar formally seated on the Mughal throne after the accidental death of his father Humayun ?