DPPH: 6 March
1.Agricultrual land was divided by Akbar into four categorises. Polaj land came under which category ?
(a) Land left uncultivated for more than five years
(b) Land left fallow for one year
(c) Land used regularly for cultivation
(d) Barren land not flt for cultivation
2. In Shivaji’s Ashtapradhan, who among the following officers looked after the foreign affairs?
(c) Pandit Ran
3. Which one of the following techniques was introduced by the Turks in the textile sector in India?
(a) Spining wheel
(c) Hand spindle
(d) Weaver’s loom
4. Who among the following Bhakti saints wrote the commentary on vedantasutras in Sanskrit?
5. Which one of the following works is ascribed to the famous poet Rajasekharea?
6. Consider the following pairs :
1 Parsva – Nirgrandha
2. Gosala Maskariputra – Ajivika
3. Ajita Kedsalambalin – Buddhist
Which of the pairs given above is/ are correctly matched ?
(a) 1 only
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
7. In ancient India, the Iife of a Jaina monk was governed by how many vows?
8. Which one of the following is not a feature of Gandhara style of Buddha images?
(a) in seated position they are almost always shown cross-legged
(b) The ears are shown elongated
(c) They are never shown with a shaved head
(d) They are always shown in abhaya mudra
9. According to Megasthenes, the city of Pataliputra was administered by a Committee. How many members constituted the Committee ?
10. Who deciphered the Brahmi script?
(a) John F. Fleet
(b) James Princep
(c) Alexander Cunningham
(d) John Marshall