DPPH: 7 March
1. The great grammarian Patanjali of ancient India was whose contemporary among the following ?
(a) Chandragupta Maurya
(c) Pushyamitra Sunga
(d) Susarman Kanva
2. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Bhilsa – Vidisha
(b) Kanyakubja – Kanpur
(c) Pratishthana – Paithan
(d) Sthanvisvara – Thanesar
3. Which one of the following statements about Upanishads is not correct?
(a) Brihadaranyak and Chandogya Upanishads are in prose
(b) Katha Upanishad is one of the earliest Upanishads
(c) Upanishads proclaim salvation by knowledge rather than by faith
(d) Upanishads do not consider a life of asceticism as absolutely necessary for salvation.
4. Which one of the following organized the first all-lndia agitations in 1877-78 on the Issue of Civil Services?
(a) Poona Sarvajanik Sabha
(b) Indian Association
(c) Madras Mahajana Sabha
(d) Bombay Presidency Association
5. During Shershah Suri’s rule, the pargana administration was looked upon by which of the following officers?
(a) Subedar and Faujdar
(b) Shiqdar and Munsif
(c) Amin and Muqaddam
(d) Qanungo and Bitikchi
6. Double dome in a medieval building was first introduced in the tomb of
(b) Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq
(c) Firuz Tughlaq
(d) Sikandar Lodi
7. Which one of the following works was entitled Razm-namah by its Persian translators?
(a) Atharva Veda
8. Akbar constructed Buland Darwaza at Fatehpur Sikri to commemorate his conquest of
9. Which of the following Persian histories was composed during the period of Emperor Shah Jahan?
(c) Padshah Namah
10. In 1660 A.D. who was deputed by Aurangzeb to put down the rising power of Shivaji?
(a) Khafi Khan
(b) Shaista Khan
(c) Dilir Khan
(d) Mubariz Khan