11) Whichof the following is not correctly matched?
(a) UDAY – Improving finances of power distribution companies
(b) HRIDAY – preserving and revitalizing heritage cities
(c) AMRUT – Improving basic urban infrastructure in cities
(d) Swachch Bharat Mission – Safe drinking water
Ans: (d) Swachch Bharat Mission – Safe drinking water
12) As per the Economic Survey 2015 – 16, which one of the following has been constructed as the Chakravyuha Challenge of the Indian economy?
(a) Movement of Indian Economy from socialism to capitalism
(b) Movement of Indian Economy from socialism with limited entry to marketism with exit
(c) Movement of Indian Economy from socialism with limited entry to marketism without exit
(d) Movement of Indian Economy from mixed economy to capitalism
Ans: (c) Movement of Indian Economy from socialism with limited entry to marketism without exit
13) Consider the following schemes and arrange these in chronological order of their launching:
1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
2. Digital Gender Atlas for Advancing Girls Education in India.
3. Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana.
4. Mudra Bank Yojana
Select the correct answer from the codes given below :
(a) 1, 2, 4 and 3
(b) 3, 2, 1 and 4
(c) 2, 1, 3 and 4
(d) 3, 1, 2 and 4
Ans: (a) 1, 2, 4 and 3
14) Which one of the following countries joined India and USA in the Malabar naval exercise held in July 2017?
(b) South Korea
Ans: (a) Japan
15) What is India’s rank in the 2017 Sustainable Development Goal Index?
Ans: (a) 116th
16) The first DEMU train of India with solar powered coaches was launched on 14th July, 2017 at :
(a) Sarai Rohilla Railway Station
(b) New Delhi Railway Station
(c) Safdarjung Railway Station
(d) Delhi Cantt. Railway Station
Ans: (c) Safdarjung Railway Station
17) Who among the following Indian scientists was awarded the 2017 Dan David prize in ‘future’ category ?
(a) Dronamraju K.Rao
(b) Biman Bagchi
(c) C.N.R. Rao
(d) Shrinivas Kulkarni
Ans: (d) Shrinivas Kulkarni
18) Which one of the following countries was the winner of FIFA confederations cup 2017?
Ans: (b) Germany
19) Consider the following statements regarding G-20 summits :
1. The 12th G-20 summit was held in Germany.
2. The 13th G-20 summit will be held in China.
3. The 14th G-20 summit will be held in Japan.
Of the above the correct statements are :
(a) 1 and 2 only
(b) 1 and 3 only
(c) 2 and 3 only
(d) 1, 2 and 3
Ans: (b) 1 and 3 only
20) Consider the following statements regarding the performance of Mithali Raj in women’s One Day International Cricket:
1. She is the first ever to score more than 6000 runs.
2. She scored a century on her debut.
3. She holds the record for scoring 7 consecutive half centuries.
4. She holds the world record for scoring highest number of centuries.
Of the above, the correct statements are :
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 2, 3 and 4 only
(c) 1, 2 and 4 only
(d) 3 and 4 only
Ans: (a) 1, 2 and 3 only