61) Who among the following was a member of Sarkaria Commission?
(c) Dr. S.R.Sen
Ans: (c) Dr. S.R.Sen
62) Match the List I with List II and select the correct answer from the code given below :
List I [States]
List II [ No. of members in Rajyasabha]
A B C D
(a) 1 4 3 2
(b) 3 2 4 1
(c) 2 3 1 4
(d) 1 2 3 4
Ans: (c) 2 3 1 4
63) Given below are two statements :
Assertion [A] : Model code of conduct is to be followed by political parties as soon as an election is announced.
Reason [R] : Mode code of conduct was enacted by Parliament.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below :
(a) Both [A] and [R] are correct and [R] is the correct explanation of [A]
(b) Both [A] and [R] are true but [R] is not the correct explanation of [A]
(c) [A] is true, but [R] is false.
(d) [A] is false, but [R] is true.
Ans: (c) [A] is true, but [R] is false.
64) In which year was Rajya Sabha constituted for the first time?
Ans: (c) 1952
65) Who among the following is empowered to establish the inter state council?
(c) Speaker of Loksabha
(d) Prime Minister
Ans: (b) President
66) Which one of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Policy cut Motion – Budget demand be reduced to Rs.one
(b) Economy cut motion – Budget demand be reduced by a specified amount.
(c) Token cut Motion – Budget demand be reduced by rupees one hundred
(d) Vote on Account – Parliamentary sanction of all budgetary demands for grants in a financial year.
Ans: (d) Vote on Account – Parliamentary sanction of all budgetary demands for grants in a financial year.
67) Which of the following are enshrined in the third schedule of the Indian Constitution?
1. Form of oath of office for a Minister for the Union.
2. Form of oath to be made by the Chief Justice of Supreme Court.
3. Form of oath of office for the President of India.
4. Form of oath to be made by a Member of Parliament.
(a) 1, 2, 3
(b) 2, 3, 4
(a) The speaker of the outgoing Loksabha
(b) The Dy.Speaker of the outgoing Loksabha
(c) One of the senior most members of the newly elected Loksabha
69) What is meant by a Bullock – Capitalist?
(a) Farmers who are poor
(b) Farmers who are rich
(c) Farmers who have some resources but are not rich
(d) Farmers who are big Zamindars
70) Which one of the following does not fall within the purview of Article 21 of the Constitution?
(b) Sexual Harassment of Women at work place
(c) Pollution of the quality of water
(d) Capital punishment