81) Consider the following statements and select the correct answer from the codes given below the statements :
Assertion [A]: Generally India had a favourable balance of trade during the British rule.
Reason [R]: The drain of wealth took the form of unrequited exports.
(a) Both [A] and [R] are true and [R] is the correct explanation of [A] (b) Both [A] and [R] are true but [R] is not the correct explanation of [A] (c) [A] is true but [R] is false
(d) Both [A] and [R] are false
Ans: (d) Both [A] and [R] are false
82) Who was the last ruler of ‘Jaunpur state’?
(a) Mohammed Shah
(b) Hussain Shah
(c) Mubarak Shah
(d) Ibrahim Shah
Ans: (b) Hussain Shah
83) Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Hector Munro – Battle of Buxar
(b) Lord Hastings – Anglo – Nepal War
(c) Lord Wellesley – Fourth Anglo Mysore War
(d) Lord Cornwallis – Third Anglo – Maratha War
Ans: (d) Lord Cornwallis – Third Anglo – Maratha War
84) Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below:
List I [Tirthankara]
List II [Cognizance]
4. Water Jar
A B C D
(a) 1 4 3 2
(b) 1 3 2 4
(c) 2 4 3 1
(d) 3 1 4 2
Ans: (a) 1 4 3 2
85) Which one of the following is not true about the Barabar hill caves?
(a) There are in all four caves on the Barabar hill
(b) Inscriptions of Ashoka are found on the walls of three caves
(c) These inscriptions inform us about the dedication of these caves to the Ajivikas
(d) These inscriptions date back to 6th century BC.
Ans: (d) These inscriptions date back to 6th century BC.
86) Matsya Mahajanapada of 6th century B.C was located in :
(a) Western Uttar Pradesh
Ans: (b) Rajasthan
87) Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below:
A. Gandhar Art
B.Junagarh Rock inscription
D. Taxila inscriptions
4. Rudradaman I
A B C D
(a) 1 3 4 2
(b) 2 4 3 1
(c) 3 4 1 2
(d) 2 1 3 4
Ans: (c) 3 4 1 2
88) Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Prabna revolt 1873
(b) Deccan Kisan revolt 1875
(c) Sanyasi revolt 1894
(d) Kol uprising 1870
Ans: (d) Kol uprising 1870
89) Which one of the following social reformers strongly opposed Jury Act of 1826?
(a) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(b) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(c) Mahadev Govind Ranade
(d) Rajnarayan Basu
Ans: (b) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
90) In which of the following places the Dutch established their trading centres in India?
(a) Nagappattinam, Chinsura, Machilipatnam
(b) Surat, Bharuch, Agra
(c) Cochin, Ahmedabad, Patna
(d) All the above
Ans: (d) All the above